Basic Melody Composing Course
Why can’t you get certain songs out of your head? What makes a good song so catchy?
The Basic Melody Composing course is catered for beginners who are interested in learning the fundamentals of what makes a good melody. It aims to instil a strong foundation in songwriting. Our instructors will teach the basics of creating a good melody, as well as sharing tips and tricks for writing catchy hooks and melodies.
Taught by current practitioners in the music industry, our course content remains relevant and true to today’s music industry.
- Basic song structure
- Basic music theory and chord progression (notes, chords, rhythm, etc)
- Melody study (elements of a melody, motifs, melody development)
- Macro and micro structures of a melody
- Introduction to music arrangement
- Understanding various popular music genres
- Introduction to demo production and basic digital audio workstation (DAW)
- Regular guided assignments/song reviews will be given to reinforce topics covered.
- Students will complete the assignments individually or as a group based on what they have learnt during the course. The songs will be presented in class and evaluated by the instructors.
We are also able to customise your classes according to your interests*. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Terms and conditions apply.