Advanced Lyrics Writing Course with Xiaohan 小寒
This course is taught by multiple award-winning lyricist Xiaohan 小寒 who will be sharing trade secrets, tips and tricks, and her personal experience in the music industry.
Aspiring songwriters and lyricists will be able to finesse their skills in lyric writing and understand what goes on behind the scenes of writing great lyrics for a successful hit song.
Mentorship will be provided for developing your unique songwriting style.
- Advanced lyric writing techniques (questioning, movie, montage, brainstorming etc)
- Lyric writing for different genres, understanding and composing for current popular genres and singers
- Hands-on experience – composing songs based on actual briefs from recording artistes/record labels
- Understanding the industry’s workings, such as knowledge of copyright and marketing know-hows.
- Regular guided assignments/song reviews will be given to reinforce topics covered. Collaboration opportunities within the class and with Advanced Melody Composing course students will be given.
- Final showcase: Students from both Advanced Lyric Writing and Advanced Melody Composing courses will collaborate to present their completed works at the end of the course.
For applicants that are applying directly to this course (without completing Basic Lyric Writing course), please submit 1 lyrical work* re-written to any existing pop song in a Word document (doc/docx) to email@example.com with the following details for assessment.
Email Subject: Advanced Lyric Writing Course Demo Submission
Please include the following:
- Contact Number
*Note: Lyrics submitted have to be written over an existing full pop song. The document submission needs to include a YouTube link to the pop song of your choice that your lyrics were re-written to.