This course equips students with the necessary skills and knowledge on operating a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). Students will be exposed to Pro Tools, an industry standard DAW used by many professionals around the world. Students will identify and learn the fundamentals of how a DAW operates, software functions, audio editing, working with Pro Tools loops and using Pro Tools’s internal software instruments to create music.
Introduction to DAW – Pro Tools (Lesson 1 and 3)
Students will learn how to navigate and operate Pro Tools – an industry standard recording and mixing software.
- Pro Tools Background
- Getting Started with Pro Tools
- Pro Tools Basic Controls
- Creating Your First Session
- Making Your First Audio Recording
- Importing and Working with Media
- Making Your First MIDI Recording
- Selecting and Navigating
- Editing Your Media
- Mixing and Creating a Bounce
- Managing Session Data and Media Files
- Recording MIDI and Audio
DAW Crash Course – Pro Tools (Lesson 1 to 5)
Refer to above for Lessons 1 and 3 outline
- Working with Elastic Audio
- Editing and Fine-Tuning a Performance
- Additional Editing and Media Management
- Basic Mixing and Signal Flow
- Writing and Editing Automation
- Using Advanced Mixing Techniques and Creating Final Media
- Practical Session
The facilitator will guide students through hands-on practice on Pro Tools operations pertaining to mixing and audio export. A verbal Q&A revision of topics will also be covered in each lesson.
- 13 years old and above.
- Students need to have a laptop installed with Pro Tools.
- Please ensure that your laptop meets the minimum system requirement for the Pro Tools software (you may check the minimum system requirement from the Pro Tools website) before you register for the course.